Basic Steps to minimise cyber threats include:
- Use complex or multiple passwords which are frequently changed
- Download and
install all patches and fixes for your operating system
- Limit or prevent the use of USBs
- Use one of the leading internet security malware and anti virus software prevention tools
- Only download files when you are expecting them - even if you know the sender
up all of your most valuable data
- Test back up arrangements from time to time
- Turn off your computer when it is not in use and use a screen saver password to unlock screen
- Develop a cyber security policy and actively promote cyber security awareness.
GDPR and Cyber Security
May 2018 all business throughout the EU are required to comply with GDPR. Failure to comply could result in major fines
of up to €20 Million or 4% of global turnover (whichever is the higher).
Developing effective Cyber Secutity resiliance and capabilities is critical to achieving long term GDPR compliance.
We are helping a number of international clients and Governments to develop
their Cyber and IT security processes and skillsets and our offerings include:
- Business to Business supply chain mapping and risk and control assessments
- Mobile Computing
Device Management risk assessments
- Social enginnering awareness training
- GDPR Gap analysis assessments
- GDPR staff awareness and IT security training
- Business continuty and recovery self assessments.